Joomla! Developer Network
There is always a great deal of Joomla! development activity underway and communicating with other developers in the community is essential. This site is a resource for anyone looking to build or maintain software based on the Joomla platform
Following are the meeting notes from the Production Leadership Team meeting held in April 2013.
PLT Meeting Notes - April 2013
Over the last few months, the Platform team of maintainers and developers have been talking about future directions. One of our goals for this year is to introduce namespacing. This has been a very large undertaking and as work has progressed, it became obvious that backward compatibility was going to be a constant battle. One of the negative side-effects of this would be that the Joomla CMS wouldn’t be able to use the planned 13.1 release of the Platform for some time if we introduced namespacing in that version.
After a lot of discussion both internally and with other developers in the community, in order to address the problem, as well as to take advantage of some new opportunities, we’ve decided to make some changes to the Platform.
The New Joomla Framework
As part of the normal budgeting process, the Production Leadership Team has come up with six goals for 2013. Those goals concern releases of the Joomla Platform and the Joomla CMS, continuing maintenance updates, and outreach and promotion to a technical audience.
Production Goals for 2013
Following are the meeting notes from the Production Leadership Team meeting held in February 2013.
PLT Meeting Notes - February 2013
Version 12.3 ("Curiosity") of the Joomla Platform was tagged and released on 20 December 2012. It is the third release of the 12.x series. In addition to numerous bug fixes, documentation updates and it also brings new features, the main ones:
- Platform manual converted from DocBook to Markdown to improve readability and enhance contribution.
- Extensive additions to the platform documentation.
- Easier query construction with JDatabaseQuery::format
- Support for composite keys in JTable
- Improvements to the JGitHub API
- Improvements to JLog around excluding categories and features for syslog
- Improved Windows support for testing and building
- PHPMailer updated to 5.2.2
The full list of commits is available here https://github.com/joomla/joomla-platform/commits/12.3 and the api doc here http://api.joomla.org. The Joomla! Platform Manual is available at http://joomla.github.com/joomla-platform/.
- Classes: 305 (300 in platform 12.2)
- Methods: 2187 (2136 in platform 12.2)
Summary of code quality
- Check style: 123 warnings (124 in platform 12.2)
- Test Coverage: 39.4% (38.16% in platform 12.2).
Version 12.3 of the Joomla Platform released