- Core - JRequest Variable Injection
- Project: Joomla!
- SubProject: libraries
- Severity: Critical
- Versions: 1.5.6 and all previous 1.5 releases
- Exploit type: Variable Injection
- Reported Date: 2008-September-7
- Fixed Date: 2008-September-9
A flaw in JRequest exists where variables set with JRequest::setVar are not cleaned when fetching the variable at a later point in the request. This can result in variable injection (unwanted characters injected into returned data).
3PD extensions which use JRequest do not need to change anything for proper function.
All 1.5.x installs prior to and including 1.5.6 are affected.
Upgrade to latest Joomla! version (1.5.7 or newer).
Joomla! Development Coordinator Andrew Eddie.
The JSST at the Joomla! Security Center.