Contact Info module displays the contact information of a selected contact from the contacts list.
Pr :
Branch :
Opened On:
26 Jul 2013, 5:51 by Lasindu Charith
Closed On:
23 Aug 2014, 8:00


Posted on 15 Aug 2013, 16:53 by Chad Windnagle

@Test works as advertised. 

It would be good if you considered some more CSS styling to the output. Try adding some bootstrap classes for the name of the contact. Just some general layout improvement would go a long way. Here's a screenshot of what it looked like for me.

Also we noticed that when no contact is selected it outputs some things. It probably should just say something like 'select a contact' or something like that. 
Posted on 15 Aug 2013, 16:59 by Tessa Mero



Successful. Module works.

Disregard Chad's last comment about the "no contact still outputs". We did a second review on code and noticed it pulls a default contact value.

Aside from needing additional CSS styling, you did a great job. I like it! :-)
Posted on 24 Aug 2013, 21:55 by Nick Savov

Thanks for coding this, Lasindu!

Thanks for testing, Chad and Tssa! I'm moving this to Ready for Review.
Posted on 25 Aug 2013, 5:58 by Jean-Marie Simonet

Please change the  language strings in order to not have any space before and after the = sign.
MOD_CONTACT_INFO_XML_DESCRIPTION = "This module displays information of a selected contact."
MOD_CONTACT_INFO_XML_DESCRIPTION="This module displays information of a selected contact."

Also, please alpha order the strings, including that one.
Also, I suggest to be totally compatible with multilang to use the contact modal to choose the contact as we do in the single Contact menu item. This modal displays a list of all contacts including the language associated with the contacts and therefore may prevent unwanted results (Displaying a German tagged contact on a French page).
Posted on 25 Aug 2013, 6:22 by George Wilson

Also minor thing but the version of this module should be 3.2 I guess as that's when it's going to be included.
Posted on 25 Aug 2013, 6:24 by George Wilson

My much larger problem than what JM says earlier. Is that the dropdown field for the list of contacts is a sql type field. I suspect this means the query is broken in postgres/MsSQL
Posted on 23 Sep 2013, 8:11 by Elin Waring

It won't break because it's a universal query but it should use the existing field.

Putting back to pending unil that is fixed.
Posted on 24 Sep 2013, 8:28 by Lasindu Charith

Changed the Form field type from SQL-> Modal contact

Making the tracker to Ready for Review again.

PR against master :
Posted on 1 Oct 2013, 2:04 by Janich Rasmussen


Latest changes (1921) looks good to me
Posted on 1 Oct 2013, 10:55 by Tobias Zulauf


looks good for me. But one smal issue ;)

I think we should use the version 3.2/3.2.0 instend of 3.1/3.1.0 in the xml files and the php headers (@since) :)
Posted on 23 Aug 2014, 8:00 by Brian Teeman

Thank you for your contribution. We have now moved our tracking process to so please do not update the issue here. The link on the new tracker for this issue is