Summary


Removing MooTools dependencies from administrator/components folder by converting it to jQuery and JavaScript.

Branch: https://github.com/AshanFernando/joomla-cms/tree/gsoc-mootools-jquery-administratorcomponents

Pull Request: https://github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/pull/2004

How to Test:
This PR contains mainly the click events and DOM selectors which spans across the administrator components, which needs to be tested to veryfy all the functionality works as before.
Opened On:
17 Sep 2013, 22:15 by Ashan Fernando
Closed On:
23 Aug 2014, 8:03
Status:
Closed

Responses

Posted on 18 Sep 2013, 2:47 by Elin Waring

Can you list a few key examples?
Posted on 21 Sep 2013, 19:59 by Michael Babker

@test

Tested language overrides and various component search filter and batch methods without issue.
Posted on 23 Sep 2013, 1:43 by Tito Alvarez

Tested components: profile editing, banners, categories, checkin, global config, contacts, content (including functionality like modals, tags and batchs), installer, languages, media manager, menus, modules, users, messages, newsfeeds, plugins, search, tags, templates, weblinks

Everything working fine, except when searching for language overrides (it empties the search box)

Note: I applied the patch over 3.1.5, because of conflicts with master.
Posted on 23 Sep 2013, 13:45 by Ashan Fernando

@Tito Will you be able to provide more infomation on how to recreate the issue and correct behavior (searching for language overrides empties the search box) ?
Posted on 25 Sep 2013, 2:08 by Tito Alvarez

I went to the Language Manager > Overrides

I tried searching for some language override there (making sure there's at least one), but when I click on the search icon, it just empties the search box without any result.
Posted on 25 Sep 2013, 12:04 by Ashan Fernando

I tested this with and without the patch still the issue is there.
Posted on 25 Sep 2013, 15:06 by Tito Alvarez

You're right, it's happening even without the patch.  Then the patch itself seems to be just fine.
Posted on 25 Sep 2013, 15:17 by Tito Alvarez

Just confirming, the issue I found is reported here: http://joomlacode.org/gf/project/joomla/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=31617&start=0

Everything fine with this patch.
Posted on 16 Mar 2014, 14:01 by Brad Markle

Looks like this one has two confirmed tests, so it's good to go?

 

I tried to install the patch, http://issues.joomla.org/tracker/joomla-cms/2004, but got this error in "3.3 dev" version:

The file marked for modification does not exist: administrator/components/com_config/views/application/tmpl/default.php

 


 
Posted on 26 Mar 2014, 9:46 by Anibal Sanchez

@test

I've just applied the patch to the latest master, and it has worked OK.

Tests:

com_banners
com_admin
com_banners
com_categories
com_checkin
com_config
com_contact
com_content
com_finder
com_installer
com_languages
com_media
com_menus
com_messages
com_modules
com_newsfeeds
com_plugins
com_redirect
com_search
com_tags
com_templates
com_users
com_weblinks











Posted on 26 Mar 2014, 18:56 by George Wilson

Several good tests so marking ready for review
Posted on 23 Aug 2014, 8:03 by Brian Teeman

Thank you for your contribution. We have now moved our tracking process to http://issues.joomla.org/ so please do not update the issue here. The link on the new tracker for this issue is  http://issues.joomla.org/tracker/joomla-cms/2004