See details in the PR:
Opened On:
3 Mar 2014, 22:18 by Roberto Segura
Closed On:
23 Aug 2014, 7:53


Posted on 6 Mar 2014, 7:51 by Anibal Sanchez


It's working Ok.

Check that all list fields are shown and work correctly (including tags and all other extending fields)
OK, at first view, no issues.

Check that user field works correctly
OK, new/edit user works as expected

Check that when you enable the option to show votes on articles it's dispalyed correctly

Make performance tests with & without this patch to ensure that layouts doesn't overload system.
Same performance

Common layout override tests with prefixes, suffixes, include paths....
OK, new debugger very handy to discover which layout is being loaded

I'm going to be working with this version for a while to keep testing it.

Posted on 6 Mar 2014, 10:17 by George Wilson

Setting to Pending. Thanks for putting so much time into this Roberto!!
Posted on 10 Mar 2014, 18:47 by George Wilson

@test tested the list and user form fields work as expected - they do and overrided them a bit (didn't test the prefixes, suffixes, include paths however as not enough time tonight - will try soon though)

The debug is awesome (I've found out the frontend tags JLayout is being loaded in articles with no tags - clearly we need to fix something :P)

The vote plugin works as expected (although turning it on in the article options does nothing - it has to be turned on globally, it also looks AWFUL :P - however both these things are the same in 3.2.3 and are unrelated to this PR)

Also tested adding a multilanguage requires attribute and it didn't show when language filter plugin was turned off and did when on (nifty feature by the way!)

I didn't carry out extensive performance tests but there was no noticeable delay in page load times with this PR.


There was a potential major bug though - it looked like the article searchtools broke with this PR (the publish dropdown was being affected by clicking on pagination etc.)
Posted on 12 Mar 2014, 20:28 by George Wilson

@test the bug referred to in my previous post is fixed and all other positive observations still hold :)
Posted on 13 Mar 2014, 9:19 by Franck Houenou


It's working
Posted on 13 Mar 2014, 11:14 by Robert Deutz


here is what:

used: joomla.content.info_block.block and a single article template


a) template/html/layouts


1) block.php in template -> is used

2) setSuffix(array(j25), no block.j25.php available, block.php -> is used

3) setSuffix(array(j25), block.j25.php available, block.j25.php -> is used

4) setSuffixes('autoversion'), block.j25.php available, block.php -> is used

5) setSuffixes('autoversion'), block.j324-dev.php + block.j32.php + block.j3.php available, block.j324-dev.php -> is used

6) setSuffixes('autoversion'), block.j32.php + block.j3.php available, block.j32.php -> is used

7) setSuffixes('autoversion'), block.j3.php available, block.j3.php -> is used


b) template/html/layouts & template/html/layouts/com_content


1) setSuffixes('autoversion'),

template/html/layouts/com_content/../block.j3.php + template/html/layouts/../block.j32.php available,

template/html/layouts/com_content/../block.j3.php -> is used


2) setSuffixes('autoversion'), template/html/layouts/com_content/../block.php + template/html/layouts/../block.j32.php available,

template/html/layouts/../block.j32.php -> is used


c) template/html/layouts & template/html/layouts/com_content & components/com_content/layouts


1) setSuffixes('autoversion'), template/html/layouts/com_content/../block.php + template/html/layouts/../block.php +

components/com_content/layouts/block.j3.php available,

components/com_content/layouts/block.j3.php -> is used



d) template/html/layouts & template/html/layouts/com_content & components/com_content/layouts & layouts


1) setSuffixes('autoversion'),

template/html/layouts/com_content/../block.php + template/html/layouts/../block.php +

components/com_content/layouts/../block.j3.php + layouts/../block.j324-dev.php,

layouts/../block.j324-dev.php  -> is used


e) Placed a block.en.php in different directories + setSuffixes('autolanguage')


1) in templates/html/layouts/com_content/../block.en.php -> is used

2) in templates/html/layouts/../block.en.php -> is used

3) in components/com_content/layouts/../block.en.php  -> is used

Posted on 13 Mar 2014, 21:00 by George Wilson

Thanks for all the testing guys. Setting ready for review.
Posted on 23 Aug 2014, 7:53 by Brian Teeman

Thank you for your contribution. We have now moved our tracking process to so please do not update the issue here. The link on the new tracker for this issue is