Joomla CMS Distributions Working Group
- Published: 11 October 2013
In line with the CMS Roadmap, a new working group has been formed to look at the potential for distributing the Joomla CMS in different distributions (rather than the current one-size-fits-all approach). All information, discussions and information can be found at the new github.com/joomla-cms/start-here site. Everyone is welcome to participate.
Joomla! 3.2 Alpha Released
- Published: 11 September 2013
The Joomla Project is pleased to announce the availability of Joomla 3.2 Alpha for download. Please note you must have a Joomlacode account to access these test packages. Update: These packages will be available 9/11/13 by 13:00 UTC.
What is this release for?
The main goal for this release is to allow advance testing of the new features and bug fixes added to the CMS since the release of 3.1.5 in August.
Additionally, the PLT is offering a second package for testing which includes the proposed Apps* (working project title) code for the CMS to install extensions from the JED via your site's Extension Manager. These packages are prefixed with "Apps-"
New features which are included in this release are:
- [#31436] *Create a update button to list new Help servers
- [#31757] Enable PSR-0 Autoloading by Default
- [#31389] TinyMCE 4.0.5 Update
- [#31774] Add the Framework DI Container to the CMS
- [#31009] Add a switch to turn mail sending on/off
- [#30944] Content versioning for core and third-party components
- [#31800] Add Joomla Ajax Interface to core
- [#31844] Rapid Application Framework (Joomla! RAD)
- [#31704] Two factor authentication for Joomla!
- [#31725] Joomla multilingual site automatic installer
For known issues with the 3.2 alpha release, see the Version 3.2 Alpha FAQ in the documentation site.
What is this release NOT for?
This alpha version of Joomla 3.2 is not suitable for production sites. It is for testing only.
PLT Meeting Notes - August 16, 2013
- Published: 24 August 2013
Following are the meeting notes from the Production Leadership Team meeting held on August 16, 2013.
Summary from the Joomla! Code Sprint & CoderFaire in Nashville
- Published: 20 August 2013
On August 15, six members of the Joomla! community came together in Nashville, Tennessee, USA to begin four days of collaboration and sharing Joomla with the local development community.
PLT Meeting Notes - May 5, 2013
- Published: 12 June 2013
Following are the meeting notes from the Production Leadership Team meeting held on May 5, 2013.