Following are the meeting notes from the Production Leadership Team meeting held in February 2013.
Meeting held via Skype on 1 February, 10 pm UTC.
Attendees: Andrea Tarr, Andrew Eddie, Chris Davenport, Javier Gomez, Mark Dexter, Michael Babker, Nick Savov, Tom Hutchison
Apologies: Ron Severdia
- 44 open pull requests at the moment
- Major community push to namespace the platform; PLT will facilitate community consultation when that’s finished and documented.
- 13.1 is due to be tagged at the end of March 2013.
- Will need to do a detailed review about how 13.1 can fit into CMS 3.1 - many things have been deprecated.
- Proposed documentation roadmap presented https://docs.joomla.org/JDOC:Docs_Wiki_Roadmap
- Need to get the community, especially developers, more involved in contributing.
Bug Squad Report
- 3.0.3 and 2.5.9 will be released on Monday, February 4th, 2013.
- 136 bug fixes for 3.0.3; 22 bug fixes for 2.5.9.
- Three low-level security fixes for 3.0.3 and 1 low-level security fix for 2.5.9.
- Two new features: Installation of language packs when installing Joomla and item associations getting added to the rest of the components
- Plan is to release 3.1 around March 25th, 2013
- We would like to release a feature-complete beta around February 25th, 2013
- New feature deadline is February 25th, 2013
- New tags feature (#29855) needs a blog post for it and a call for testers.
- Deadline to finalise production goals is 15 February after which the PLT budget can be discussed.
- Following the positive result of the LGPL survey for the Platform (http://www.slideshare.net/AndrewEddie/joomla-platform-lgpl-survey-15825187), OSM to be requested to investigate the logistics of the license change (but only when the Joomla Platform is being used in a standalone capacity; no change to the GPL when used as a part of the CMS).
- Discussed having a PLT summit in conjunction with J&Beyond and Joomla World Conference events.
- Discussed a proposal for an event targeting improving the test coverage of both the Platform and the CMS. Will investigate at least doing something at J&Beyond and JWC events.
- Briefly discussed who can liaise with other project teams requiring summaries of production news.
- Briefly discussed adding FoF (https://akeeba.assembla.com/spaces/fof/wiki) to the CMS. Felt that is was best to have an open discussion on the mailing list about it.
- Quick update on the pre-upgrade check progress. Target is to include this in 3.1 and 2.5.10.
Meeting schedule for the rest of the year:
- 1 March
- 5 April
- 3 May
- J&B in June
- 2 August
- 6 September
- 4 October
- 1 November
Meeting closed around 11:45 pm UTC.