Announcing the New Developer Relations Program for Joomla!
We are thrilled to announce the launch of the new Developer Relations Team for Joomla! We'd like to take this time to invite developers to join our team as a Volunteer Developer Advocate. Together, our team will rally around one purpose: to make web development with Joomla! easier and more productive for all.
Over the next year or so, we will build better resources for developers - better documentation, sample apps, tutorials, blog posts, and more. We will work closely with developers at hackathons, deliver talks at meetups, and offer workshops at conferences. If you were at ZendCon, maybe you’ve already seen us in action!
We can’t say enough to express our gratitude for the community of contributors and die hard fans who have organically grown around the Joomla! project. So, we're showing our appreciation by providing greater support to our developer community.
As a Volunteer Developer Advocate, you will:
- Be active in local developer events as well as larger industry events.
- Be an important part of the joomla developer community managing team on social media.
- Build better developer orientated documentation.
- Build real world sample apps and extensions for the Joomla! Platform and CMS.
- Create written tutorials at beginners to advanced levels for developers.
- Create blog posts on developer topics ranging from security to best practice.
- Assist developers with adoption and implementation of Joomla!
- Increase awareness of developer.joomla.org
- Reach out to Joomla! Extension Developers to encourage more contributions to GitHub.
- Excellent speaking, writing and presentation skills.
- Communicate efficiently on social media in a positive manner.
- Experience with Joomla!, involved as a contributor.
- Understanding of PHP, MySQL, and other technologies related to Joomla core.
- Participate in at least one developer related meetup group or developer community.
- Proven track record of written code examples.
If you are interested in getting in on the fun and volunteer your time, apply here! Want to learn more about this program before you decide to volunteer? Remember, all skill levels are welcome! Just email me, and we'll set up a time to talk: Tessa.Mero (at) joomla.org