The Joomla! CMS Release Team is intended for experienced Joomla! users and developers who want to help testing releases of the CMS before it will be published.
As a volunteer CMS Release-Team member, you will:
- Test releases of the CMS before they are published, especially CMS Releases that include security fixes
- Help improving the release process and the automation of the process
- Help to make sure that all needed information is available for the community
We are looking for people with a track record of positive contributions to Joomla. Some of the criteria that will be used when evaluating nominations include:
- Having access to a large number of real life sites to test a release - Candidates should work in the area of supporting clients with running their websites and are able to test releases in real life scenarios.
- Contributions to the development process - Candidates should have a demonstrated track record of participating in and contributing to the Joomla development process. This can be in the form of coding, documentation, localization, or helping with communications and facilitation.
- Predisposition to teamwork - Candidates should have the demonstrated consistent ability to work constructively and positively with the wide variety of people in the Joomla community.
- Ability to devote time to the project - Candidates should be able to devote enough time to the project to be effective. It is very important that candidates are available close to a release date.
Nomination time is over, but you can get in Contact with Robert Deutz directly, just email: robert.deutz(at)community.joomla.org