The Joomla! User Experience Team is looking for experienced Joomla! users and UX professionals to help in various areas of the UX process for the Joomla! Platform.
- Research, test and gather feedback from Joomla! users to better understand their goals, motivations and behaviours.
- Develop strategies to transform user based goals into real world solutions which can be implemented into the Joomla! core.
- Collaborate with Joomla! Production Teams and other areas of the Community through designs, interactive prototypes and recommendations based on user research.
We are seeking people with backgrounds in UX, as well as specialists in various areas, to assist with a number of different tasks relating to upcoming releases of the Joomla! Platform.
Ideal JUX team member candidates:
- Are able to commit time to the JUX team consistently on a weekly basis
- Possess excellent communication and collaborative skills (multi-lingual is a plus)
- Have high standards of quality with strong attention to detail
- Have a flexible, friendly approach and a team oriented attitude
- Are creative, conceptual and forward thinking
- Are proactive, self-starting and motivated
- Are empathetic, supportive and compassionate
Ideal candidates have experience in one or more of these areas:
- User Research
- Usability Testing
- Behaviour Analysis
- Data Visualisation
- Interaction Design
- Systematic Design
- Technical or Copy Writing
Experience with the Joomla! Platform is preferred but not necessary. All candidates should have knowledge of web and mobile technologies and experience with internet, graphic or UX design software.
2017 promises to be a big year for The Joomla! Project and you can be part of it. If you are interested in contributing to Joomla! through the JUX Team please fill out the application below.
We are seeking contributors who can start near the beginning of February. Please submit your application prior to January 21st 2017 for immediate consideration.