Following are the meeting notes from the Production Leadership Team meeting held in April 2013.
Meeting held via Skype on 5 April, 9 pm UTC.
Attendees: Andrew Eddie, Chris Davenport, David Hurley (liaison), Javier Gomez, Mark Dexter, Michael Babker, Nick Savov, Ron Severdia, Tom Hutchison
Unable to attend due to software malfunction: Andrea Tarr
- Old Platform mailing list shut down. Framework update published on developer.j.org
- Old Platform repo should be considered soft-frozen (not accepting any new pull requests or issues); just need some time to clean up the last open PR’s. Bug fixes are being applied directly to the CMS repo.
- Framework update published on developer.joomla.org
- Still quite a few things to clean up to get to Framework 1.0 - they are generally the harder tasks that need a more experienced eye
- Working on the list at http://docs.joomla.org/JDOC:MAP
- Google search has been integrated
- Sitemap has been implemented
- Help Screens are improving
- Need to spread the word about it to get help
- Possibly try to internationalise it in the near future
Bug Squad Report
- Going well. Working on 3.1’s release primarily.
- 3.1 is scheduled for release on April 15th, 2013
- We’ve had a lot of new volunteers recently, quite a few of which are very active.
- Going to try to do a business PBF on a Friday sometime after 3.1 and before 3.2
GSoC (Google Summer of Code) 2013
- Proposal has been sent to Google. We’ll find out Monday if we’re accepted. (Note: we have since found out that we are accepted. Congrats Joomla!)
- List of ideas at: http://docs.joomla.org/GSOC_2013_Project_Ideas
- If we’re accepted on Monday, we’ll start spreading the word heavily.
- Code progress slowed as focus for 3.1 picked up
- The team will be devoting more time to the tracker and a bit less towards the CMS to get things back on track post-3.1.0
- Will be working on converting the code from Platform based to Framework based, may help answer some questions for the CMS’s adoption later on
- Displayed at J!Day Boston, reactions were positive to what’s been completed thus far
- JBS is also attempting to update JoomlaCode to the latest version
Unit Testing for CMS working Group
- Convert CMS to committing against staging branch versus master for 3.x series
- Have a transitional period for current open PRs
- Implement the Pull Tester for the CMS (similar to Platform process)
- Investigate ways to improve sniff rules for layouts due to “non-standard” syntax
Web Services Working Group
- Proof of concept code is available at https://groups.google.com/d/msg/joomla-dev-cms/mG56lpAOA84/9EII9nW-GiEJ
- Chris Davenport is starting a Kickstarter Project to fund his development of Web Services. We thought it was fine to fund the development of Web Services via a Kickstarter project (which is in keeping with our already established policy of allowing of paid development hours by businesses and individuals).
- Seth Warburton is the new UX Team Leader
- UX work will be done independently and then submitted via the regular JBS process
- Mootools to jQuery Conversion: there’s a small group of people are interested in working on the install app. If that goes well, a working group might be started
- Proposal of starting an unofficial GitHub Organization in Spanish: due to language barriers, the group will do their work in Spanish, and then the English-speakers in the group will pull in the work into the main Joomla repository in GitHub.
- Update on Pre-upgrade Check Project: going well. Alpha1 was just released. All the needed code is basically done. If all goes well, we’ll likely merge soon after 2.5.10’s release in preparation for 2.5.11
- Due to time constraints, the meeting was adjourned in favor of meeting in two-weeks time to finish the second half of the agenda.
Meeting schedule for the rest of the year:
- 19 April
- 3 May
- J&B in June
- 2 August
- 6 September
- 4 October
- 1 November
Meeting closed around 11:00 pm UTC.