Following are the meeting notes from the Production Leadership Team meeting held on May 5, 2013.
Meeting held via Skype on 5 May, 9 pm UTC.
Attendees: Andrea Tarr, Chris Davenport, Michael Babker, Nick Savov, Tom Hutchison, Javier Gomez.
Unable to attend: David Hurley, Ron Severdia, Mark Dexter.
- The Joomla Framework gradually evolves. The list of ToDo items until 1.0 can be found at https://github.com/joomla/joomla-framework/issues
- OSM is looking into changing the Framework license to LGPL, based on the results of the survey:
- The roadmap of the Joomla Documentation can be found at http://docs.joomla.org/JDOC:MAP
- At the present moment the team is focused on improving the structure, cleaning and archiving:
- Separating 2.5 and 3.x documentation
- 2.5 Help Screens are 100% finished
- Older documentation is being archived (e.g. 1.5 docs)
- It has been installed a custom extension for quick linking
- It has been added the ability to insert YouTube videos to Wiki pages.
Bug Squad Report
- Going well.
- 3.1 was released on April 24th, 2013. Overall the release went very well.
- 2.5.11 was released on April 26th, 2013.
- We still need to update a few pages on j.org after 3.1's release: https://docs.google.com/a/community.joomla.org/document/d/1_F9CUG6TLckX-6K3UBY-IBEX-mAqoX4qTtl6XX2F5ow/edit
- We've had a lot of new volunteers recently, quite a few of which are very active.
- Total activity is growing by leaps and bounds: http://developer.joomla.org/total-activity-by-time-period.html
- Business Pizza Bugs and Fun event (PBF) on Friday July 12th.
- It's open to everyone, but this time it will be on a Friday to try to get more Joomla businesses involved.
- We'll schedule about 4 one-hour training sessions on the Friday before (July 7th) and one the morning of July 12th.
- For the announcement, we'll release badges that can be added to participants' websites, similar to the ones we did for Joomla 3 (i.e. I'M R3ADY!), in order to promote the event and also to acknowledge participation.
- The Joomla Bug Squad (JBS) Twitter account and a Skype chat will be used all day for communication. We might try hipchat.com instead of Skype though.
- Several JBS members cleaned up the JoomlaCode Tracker. Also, GitHub issue tracker now has every issue labeled and almost all of them now have tracker items. There's a few more that still need tracker items, but it's almost there.
GSoC (Google Summer of Code) 2013
- Today (3 May, 2013) was the last day for proposal submissions
- We have a lot of great proposals this year On Monday, we'll start going through the proposals in detail and submit the final ones to Google
- We can use more mentors.
- Refactoring based on the new Framework
- Will have a test instance up on a subdomain of Joomla.org soon
Unit Testing for CMS working Group
- Working on integrating Jenkins and Travis-CI
Web Services Working Group
- No updates this time
- The goals of the Rapid Application Development are still under debate
Scholarship programme for Joomla World Conference
- No updates yet
- No updates
- We plan to move current meetings time into a different hours now that Andrew is not member of the PLT and we don't have any other member in this timezone.
- PLT will start a process to bring new members to the team.
- Starting the Community Development Manager (David Hurley) review and evaluation process.
- Review the JandBeyond 13 agenda regarding PLT: roadmap sessions and bug squashing.
- Study the Budget questions raised by Thomas (OSM treasurer) that need to be answered.
- Request for there to be an en-GB translation team: https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!topic/joomlabugsquad/mKcGqJpudCs
- Study the attendance to next CoderFaire Event in Atlanta and research becoming a "CoderFaire Lab Partner" and sponsor which allows Joomla to have a representative present to talk about Joomla
Meeting schedule for the rest of the year:
- JandBeyond in June (meeting in person)
- 2 August
- 6 September
- 4 October
- 1 November
Meeting closed around 11:00 pm UTC.