PLT Meeting Notes - February 2013
Following are the meeting notes from the Production Leadership Team meeting held in February 2013.
Version 12.3 of the Joomla Platform released
Version 12.3 ("Curiosity") of the Joomla Platform was tagged and released on 20 December 2012. It is the third release of the 12.x series. In addition to numerous bug fixes, documentation updates and it also brings new features, the main ones:
- Platform manual converted from DocBook to Markdown to improve readability and enhance contribution.
- Extensive additions to the platform documentation.
- Easier query construction with JDatabaseQuery::format
- Support for composite keys in JTable
- Improvements to the JGitHub API
- Improvements to JLog around excluding categories and features for syslog
- Improved Windows support for testing and building
- PHPMailer updated to 5.2.2
The full list of commits is available here https://github.com/joomla/joomla-platform/commits/12.3 and the api doc here https://api.joomla.org. The Joomla! Platform Manual is available at http://joomla.github.com/joomla-platform/.
- Classes: 305 (300 in platform 12.2)
- Methods: 2187 (2136 in platform 12.2)
Summary of code quality
- Check style: 123 warnings (124 in platform 12.2)
- Test Coverage: 39.4% (38.16% in platform 12.2).
Feedback wanted for Joomla Compatibility Check Feature
If you are a Joomla extension developer, your feedback on a proposed new method of checking extension compatibility with Joomla, before a Joomla upgrade takes place, is needed. This is your chance to influence a major Joomla feature which will stay with us for years to come.
Providing your feedback is very simple. There is a forum thread where you can voice your concerns or express your support. All arguments will be carefully considered. The discussion will be open until 2 January 2013. Now is the time for your voice to be heard.
Joomla Platform LGPL Survey
The Joomla Platform Maintainers would like your feedback about whether, as a community, we want to change the license under which the Joomla Platform is released to the LGPL. It is felt that in moving to the LGPL, we will be able to allow more people to integrate the Joomla Platform with their software solutions, and that will translate to an increase in support for the Joomla project overall.
Please give your feedback via the Joomla Platform LGPL Survey. This survey will remain open until the 2 January 2013. After the feedback is collected and reviewed, we will publish the results in a consolidated form and make a determination about what the next steps, if any, will be.
Please note, the feedback relates only to the license of the Joomla Platform. There is no proposal to change the license of the Joomla CMS.
The Joomla Platform Maintainers thank you in advance for your valued feedback.
Version 12.2 of the Joomla Platform released
Version 12.2 ("Neil Armstrong") of the Joomla Platform was tagged and released on 21 September 2012. It is the second release of the 12.x series. Joomla Platform 12.2 was also included in the Joomla CMS 3.0 release. In addition to numerous bug fixes, it also brings new features, the main ones:
- New (and generic) web application routers
- New password hashing interface and basic implementation
- Basic PHARchive support
- New JInputJSON class
- Allowing override of the xx-XX.localise.php
- Composer support
With the addition of Composer and PHARchive support in this release, the Joomla Platform extends its available distribution channels and formats.
The full list of commits is available here https://github.com/joomla/joomla-platform/commits/12.2 and the api doc here https://api.joomla.org
- Classes: 300 (309 in platform 12.1)
- Methods: 2136 (2122 in platform 12.1)
Summary of code quality
- Check style: 124 warnings (142 in platform 12.1)
- Duplicate code: 27 warnings (27 in platform 12.1)
- Programming Mess Detector (PMD): 801 warnings (702 in platform 12.1)
- Test Coverage: 38.16% (39.70% in platform 12.1).